Monday, November 7, 2011

Beading Babes November project Earthly Hues

Well I started Earthly Hues that can be found in Beadworks April/May 2010 magazine.  Earthly Hues is a Carole Ohl design, that I have to admit gave me a little bit of a fit when I first started it, but then I woke up to what I was doing wrong and it has been smooth sailing since.  I discovered that I did not order enough of the 3mm cube beads.  So I had to place another order to Fusion Beads last night (darn I know right!). I ended up getting more beads cause I just couldn't make an order for 10g of 3mm cube beads and nothing else! I got some 3mm drop beads and some long megatama beads.

This isn't a very good picture, sorry.

Just getting started (after I realized what I was doing wrong that is)

It goes along pretty fast.

I felt sorry for the little bronze colored seed beads so I'm going to use them on two of the 12mm beads.

Well this is as far as I have gotten so far.  In the last picture you can see where I made little piles of the 3mm cube beads and found out that I did not have enough to finish the necklace. I will work on it until they are gone then go to something else until the others come in the mail.

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese




6 comments:

  1. oh very pretty colours...and I envy you and how you can work with those evil little beads...can't wait to see the finished piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! i like this one a lot!!! this is so pretty! it is so frustrating to be on a roll and the run out of beads. aarrgghh! but it will be so beautiful when it is finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heavens girl, I love the colors you chose! I finished mine yesterday, and I have to say it was a pleasant surprise how much I liked it. I didn't use the cubes, cause I already had some beadlettes that were about the same size. They are a bit industrial looking for my tastes, which is why I figured I wouldn't like it. Can't wait for the reveal!! Now I'm off to finish the Sleek In Silver one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piece seems to be coming along wonderfully! I love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i that ever gorgeous! can't wait to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woww! It looks like a snake and the textures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete