Thursday, November 29, 2012

She made/She made November reveal


Hi Y'all,

Wow November has come and gone already.  I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving without any mishaps.  Mine was great, except for the fact that I had to work, which was not a pleasant time it was a sad day for two families at least.  The day at work made me so very thankful that all of my family made it to my Mom's safely and back to their homes safely.  For those of you that do not know I am a Police Communications Officer II for the Alabama Department of Public Safety.

Ok now onto what you really stopped by to see.  If you have been following mine and Christine Altmiller's blogs you will know about our little one on one monthly challenge, but for those that do not here is a little about the challenge.  Last summer I met Christine for the first time in person when I traveled to PA for a family reunion.  I gifted Christine with a lot of items from my ever growing stash, and in turn she gifted me some beautiful items.  So during lunch we decided that each month we would have a She made/She made challenge where one of us would pick from the gifted stash and we would created a little something that month with the items chosen.  November was my month to choose the items and this is what I chose for us.

The above items were gifted to me from Christine.  A rock from Michigan and some branch freshwater peacock pearls that she got the day we met at the Rolling Bead in Carlisle, PA.

I made two pieces one with the rock and then one with the pearls.  Up first is the rock.

I just recently started using twin beads and love them, so I copied a bezel that Christine has been using with twins.  It is a  double St. Petersburg stitch using twin beads in the center.  This stitch is very easy a little cumbersome at first, but then it gets going nicely.  The color for all the beads used in the bezel is gold iris (love that color) I also used, besides the twins, size 15 and size 11 seed beads.  The oak leaf charm came from Lesley Watts' shop THEAtoo,  The snake chain was purchased from Hobby Lobby.


My next piece with the pearls took me a long time to come up with a design.   My muse was just not working with me on those, until just the other day.

A little while back I had purchased this butterfly from Jeannie K. Dukic's shop.  I have a little five drawer clear plastic stash do-hickey on my work table and this butterfly just sat there waiting for me to use it in something, so I was fiddling with the pearls and I looked at the butterfly and it hit me use the butterfly with the pearls.  Ta Dah here is what I came up with.  I had these titanium colored glass pearls that went perfect with the colors in the peacock fresh water branch pearls and the butterfly.  I also used the white 4 mm glass pearls to lighten up the design.


Thank you for coming by and seeing what I created for this little one on one challenge now if you have not done so please go by and see what Christine has made with her rock and pearls.

I will be posting in a few days what Christine and I will be working with in December.

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese






15 comments:

  1. Pretty pieces Therese! That bezel on the first piece is so cool! This challenge you & Christine do, is such a fun & clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THose are stunning Therese. I love the earthiness of the first one and the butterfly - well I don't think I'd have a clue how to use those pearls but you found just the right companiions for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh T!!!! These are amazing!!!! I love love love that rock! and your bezel is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you chose to compliment the branch pearls -spot on!! And the butterfly is such a graceful focal. Both you and Christine were very creative in capturing those stones in terrific bezels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Both of them! I just love what you did with the rock and how you used the St. Pete's bezel (isn't it great for cabs?!?). The colors of the beads and Lesley's charm gave it shine and an au natural feel all in one :-)
    The butterfly piece---Wow---What a stunning beauty! I just love how it all came together and what a statement it all makes.
    Can't wait to see what December brings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Therese, these are beautiful. Your bezel is so perfect for that rock and the way you used the butterfly with the pearls makes them look like they were always meant to go together. Gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These necklaces are outstanding, Therese! I love the rock with that bezel. And, the butterfly necklace is fantatic. What a clever way to use those pearls! Really great necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pieces Therese! I too love that bezel - it really makes the stone special. The piece with the pearls....very stunning color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Lovely pieces Therese, what a great little hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pearls look like little branches for the butterfly to light on -- lovely! And I like what you did with the twins in the bezel. Can't wait to see what else you come up with to use the twin beads more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Therese, you really knock these challenges out of the park don't you!? That first necklace is really lovely and feels so fall-like. I'm not sure what a twin bead is, but it worked I suppose.
    However, I really love your second piece. The combo of those pearls and the butterfly is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both so beautiful! LOVE the bezel on the stone - WOW that is gorgeous! And then the butterfly with the brand pearls ... stunning! really nice - both pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are both gorgeous. I love your bezel and the little leaf in your first necklace, but that second necklace .. wow .. I love the colors and the way you used those pearls. I always think stick pearls are difficult, but you incorporated them so well into your necklace .. they seem to be flying with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to Kristen for putting this on my timeline or I never would have seen it. I can't even express how thrilled I am that you used my butterfly. Not only are the pearls perfect the color too! Thanks Therese,my butterfly is very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful!i cannot believe what you did with that rock!!!! So pretty! But the butterly and peatls...a real stunner!

    ReplyDelete